Date:      Thu, 01 Jul 1999 23:09:40 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp>
Cc:        Yarema <yds@ingress.net>, Ports Team <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mod_jserv for apache

Jun Kuriyama wrote:

> Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> > > I think 'apache-jserv' might be confused with 'apache13-mod_ssl' and the
> > > like, which are fullblown apache installations not just DSO modules. Since
> > > perl modules use p5- and python modules use py- I think using ap- for apache
> > > modules would be more consistent.
>
> I don't care to change port's name to it,  But is someone discussed
> about making apache ports into "a core port and some DSO module ports"?
> If it will, port's name of them may...:
>
> www/apache13-core
>    /apache-ssl
>    /apache-php3
>    /apache-jserv
>    /apache-...
>
> I think these are not bad.  But "ap-ssl" is really short to recognize,
> isn't it?
>
> --
> Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
>             // kuriyama@FreeBSD.ORG

Hmm... yeah, maybe. It's short...

I know some people are working on DSO ports, so time will probably prove
you're right. Go for apache-jserv.

BTW: I suggest a short configure script to check dependencies, at least
as long as there are three or more fullblown apache installation ports.
The script could check for /usr/local/sbin/[apache|httpd|httpds], and
maybe let the user choose if they have more than one installed apache,
something a la apache-php. Comments?