Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:28:41 -0500
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@ics.com>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha firmware

Mike Smith wrote:
> > For an EB64 (EB as in __E__valuation __B__board 64) a.k.a. Alpha PC64...
> >
> > Does anyone that's doing the Alpha port have firmware diskettes for this
> > board that they'd be willing to dd off the contents and make them
> > available somewhere for ftp?
>
> ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/v5.2

Sigh. I suppose this is the price I pay for not having enumerated in
nauseous detail that I've been there, done that. I've also searched
Yahoo, Altavista, and DejaNews. Looked at every Digital Firmware CD-ROM
from version 2.9 through 5.0. Looked at RedHat and NetBSD web sites.
Etc., etc., etc.

> You'll need to know which DEC system(s) used the board -

Yes, I know. No DEC system used the EB* boards.

> hopefully
> someone on this list can help out, or the NetBSD/Alpha webpages will
> probably give you what you need there.
>
> The firmware upgrade process can be, er, entertaining.  But it's
> usually pretty painless.

Uh, right.

Okay, back to the original question: Does anyone have the firmware for
this board that they'd be willing to provide by ftp -- either as dd'ed
diskette images or the DOS files, or whatever?

(I'm on hackers, not on alpha [yet], so if you'd be so kind as to cc: me
in any reply you send, I'd be most grateful.)

Thanks,

--
Kaleb S. KEITHLEY