Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2018 12:54:58 +0200
From:      Georg Bege <georg@bege.email>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   mount information intermixing on 11.1-RELEASE (ZFS)

Hello folks,

I just spotted a very strange bug on 11.1-RELEASE.
(It might be fixed already?)

While working with my ZFS (mirrored pool / 2 SSDs), I wanted to=20
originally track 11-STABLE and moved my original /usr/src around.

The original steps were:
1) zfs snapshot lazarus/usr/src@RELENG_11.1
2) zfs clone lazarus/usr/src@RELENG_11.1  lazarus/usr/src-RELENG_11.1
3) zfs promote lazarus/usr/src-RELENG_11.1
4) zfs destroy lazarus/usr/src

So nothing too fancy (lazarus is the name of my pool).
I didnt first notice, but after doing this I get now intermixed output=20
while using mount(8) and df(1).

EXCERPT
lazarus/usr/src-RELENG_11.1@RELENG_11.1/dev/ada3p3 on=20
/virtuals/therion/images (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)
lazarus/usr/src-RELENG_11.1@RELENG_11.1/dev/zvol/lazarus/home/therion.eli=
=20
on /home/therion (ufs, local, journaled soft-updates)
lazarus/usr/src-RELENG_11.1@RELENG_11.1/dev/fuse on /home/therion/.gvfs=20
(fusefs, local, nosuid, synchronous, mounted by therion)

So what is happening here is that the=20
"lazarus/usr/src-RELENG_11.1@RELENG_11.1" is prepended to the original=20
lines, which would normally *not* include this.

This doesnt happen with all lines.... only these ones - after the last=20
line it continues with:

192.168.0.5:/warehouse on /warehouse (nfs, nosuid, nfsv4acls, mounted by=20
therion)
lazarus/usr/src on /usr/src (zfs, local, nfsv4acls)

so just normally...
The RELENG_11.1 dataset I've created is not mounted:

EXCERPT
root@lazarus:~ # zfs get mounted lazarus/usr/src-RELENG_11.1
NAME                         PROPERTY  VALUE    SOURCE
lazarus/usr/src-RELENG_11.1  mounted   no       -

Has anyone ever spotted this?
I suspect a parsing error while consuming the information mount(8)=20
needs, wherever this information comes from.

regards,
Georg
--=20
Georg Bege