Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:44:39 -0800
From:      "Greg Robinson" <greg@ltcc.com>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw rule for aliased ip virtual hosts

All:

Unable to compose a rule that permits me to use the IP's I've aliased to
fxp0,
What am I missing?

Goal:
Fxp0 is configured as XX.XX.XX.197, and 198,199 are aliased.
Out of the box rc.firewall  "simple" permits the web site configured as
197 to function yet the others do not.
This box is running named, sendmail, and apache at this point.
Want it to support six web sites all with their own mail and web pages.

What I've done so far is attempt to add an additional rule to
rc.firewall - simple. Check the mailing lists, docs, How-tos, and google
searching on "virtual hosts" and IPFW.

Any assistance or direction is appreciated - I'm of the opinion I'm
trying to do something you can not do or I'm missing a very simple
point.

Regards,

Greg