Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:39:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Roudier?= <groudier@club-internet.fr>
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   New `sym' driver experimental version

This new driver version (sym-1.4.0-20000322) uses the DMA=20
mapping interface introduced in FreeBSD-4.0. The driver is=20
now full up-to-date for FreeBSD-5.0.

ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/roudier/drivers/freebsd/experimental/sym-1.4.0-200003=
22.tar.gz
(Modulo mistakes in the URL:))

Another significant change in this driver version applies=20
to the checking of the data direction. The driver is now=20
able to check against the expected data direction in any=20
circumstances (even from SCRIPTS) and will not hang either
if direction is wrong at the start of the IO, or if for=20
some weird reason, the direction changes during the IO.

Even if the code looks just perfect to me :), some additionnal=20
testings are needed prior to committing this new driver=20
version to the kernel repository.

sym-1.4.0-20000322 is still an experimental driver version.
I have tried it under 4.0, but the driver should also be ok=20
for -current (5.0 development).

Thanks, in advance, for trying this new driver version and=20
reporting me problems, if any.

G=E9rard.=20