Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:16:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Odd mouse issue with new xorg-server

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, the wise Kevin Oberman wrote:

> (WW) PS/2 Mouse: No Device specified, looking for one...
> (II) PS/2 Mouse: Setting Device option to "/dev/psm0"
> (--) PS/2 Mouse: Device: "/dev/psm0"
> (==) PS/2 Mouse: Protocol: "Auto"
> (**) PS/2 Mouse: always reports core events
> (**) Option "Device" "/dev/psm0"
> (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/psm0
>        Device busy.
> (EE) PS/2 Mouse: cannot open input device
> (II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
> (EE) PreInit returned NULL for "PS/2 Mouse"
> (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (8)

I'm having this too. In my case starting X for the second time makes the
mouse working again.

After some googling I tried adding Option "AutoAddDevices" "false" to my
xorg.conf and that works too.

Regards,

Marco
--
VIRGO (Aug 23 - Sept 22)
 	You are the logical type and hate disorder.  This nitpicking is