Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:48:31 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, gcooper@freebsd.org, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Regression in PREFIX handling in packages

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 15:28:36 -0400 Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On 29 August 2012 15:17, Alexander Leidinger
> <Alexander@leidinger.net> wrote:
> > Could it be that my problem comes from r231300 and I was lucky that
> > I didn't create a package on the machine with the
> > symlinked /usr/local and used it on a machine with a
> > normal /usr/local?
>
> I have not been following this thread, so if you traced the bug to
> this commit, I'll accept that.

It's a guess, I haven't tried to back it out and test again.

> > http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/usr.sbin/pkg_install/create/perform.c?r1=228990&r2=231300
> >
> > What's the problem this patch tries to solve? Shouldn't the plist
> > use the prefix as specified by the env variable instead of the
> > realpath?
>
> The specific problem this patch was trying to solve is to allow the
> use of "." or other relative paths in the -p argument to pkg_create.

Wouldn't it be better to use
---snip---
if (Prefix[0] != '/' && realpath(...
---snip---
in this case? Attention: I just guessed what Prefix is and what it
should contain by looking at the diff, I didn't had a look at the
declaraction and assignments of Prefix.

Bye,
Alexander.