Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:59:06 -0400
From:      Mit Rowe <mit@9trackmind.com>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Fwd: FreeBSD mirrors in Canada -  temporary re-organization]

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 	Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:54:00 -0400
From: 	Mit Rowe <mit@9trackmind.com>
To: 	NRC, Arctic Network, RISQ
Subject: 	FreeBSD mirrors in Canada - temporary re-organization

Dear NRC, RISQ, and Arctic Network,

Please be advised that i have received notification that due to=20
migration of their systems architectures at /R=C3=A9seau d'informations=20
scientifiques du Qu=C3=A9bec/ [RISQ],  the server that used to answer to =
the=20
name ftp2.ca.freebsd.org  [formerly aka freebsd.risq.qc.ca] is going to=20
be unavailable for a couple months.

If no-one has any objections, i am going to re-assign the=20
ftp2.ca.freebsd.org hostname to temporarily re-direct traffic that would =

normally go to RISQ over to the National Research Council [NRC] (the=20
current ftp.ca.freebsd.org).

This will make the FreeBSD FTP mirror list in canada:

ftp (aka ftp1): ftp.nrc.ca.
ftp2: ftp.nrc.ca. <--changed from freebsd.risq.qc.ca.
ftp3: mirror.arcticnetwork.ca.

My intention is to maintain the availability of a host answering at=20
ftp2.ca.freebsd.org. during RISQ's transition, and then when this=20
transition is complete i would re-alias ftp2.ca.freebsd.org. to=20
freebsd.risq.qc.ca (or whatever hostname they assign to their machine at =

that time).

If there are any objections/suggestions, please let me know!

I would also like to take this time to sincerely thank the staff and=20
management of RISQ, the NRC, and Arctic Network for their continued=20
support of the FreeBSD community in Canada.

Your humble servant,
Mit Rowe

PS: if there is someone at your organizations whom i should contact=20
directly regarding these matters in the future rather than the address=20
which i have sent this letter to, please let me know so that i can=20
update my records.

--=20
Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe

VP [Technology]
9 TRACK MIND INC.
mit@9trackmind.com
1-866-326-3098 ext.102
M: 416 219 2512  | F: 416 533 3480=20
1 Atlantic Avenue Suite 107, Toronto, Canada M6K 3E7
www.9trackmind.com