Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:27:31 +0100
From:      Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
To:        Pierre =?iso-8859-1?q?B=F6rjesson?= <tb00pbo@student.bth.se>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2 install cd hangs on boot

> when i try to boot the freebsd install cd on my laptop (Ibm thinkpad
> t40) it hangs after:
>
> cbb1: <TI1520 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0x51000000-0x51000fff irq 11 at
> device 0.1 on pci2
> cardbus1: <CardBus bus> on cbb1
> pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
> cbb1: [MPSAFE]

I had similar problems with CardBus on the T40p. You may be interested in:

   http://www.scode.org/freebsdt40p.html

Also freebsd-mobile is probably the better list for questions like these.

I never did have trouble with the install CD though; but I ran with all PCMCIA
slots empty. If you have any cards inserted, try removing them before booting
the installation CD.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org