Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:56:22 -0500
From:      "Chuck O'Donnell" <cao@bus.net>
To:        Sven Reimers <reimers@tu-harburg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4 Release - Out or not?

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 11:19:11AM +0100, Sven Reimers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> waiting for the 3.4 -Release I started checking my favourite
> local mirror and found 3.4 -Release under /pub/FreeBSD/release/i386/ .
>
> But I canīt find it anywhere else. And so far no official announcement?
>
> Does anybody now what is up?
>
> There are already snapshots titled 3.4-xxx as well.

Should be up today. I believe it was up and then pulled back off for
last minute changes. From FreeBSD-stable list:

----- Forwarded message from "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> -----
To: stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: code freeze is lifted.
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 11:14:15 -0800
From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>

I haven't released 3.4 yet since I'm still chasing some last cosmetic
problems and I've got until Monday morning to cut the CD, so I'm going
to put the extra time to good use.  Nonetheless, there's no reason for
3.4 to remain frozen at this point, so please consider the freeze in
the 3.4-stable branch lifted.

- Jordan

----- End forwarded message -----