Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache and option USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT

for FreeBSD we seem to get this option set..

this seems bogus..

it assumes that multiple processes can't listen on the accept
at one time...

does anyone know if FreeBSD is safe for having multiple processes do
accept() on the same listenning socket?

My perusal of the code suggests it should be but
I'm unsure why the option is set by default for FreeBSD.

WHat it does is allow only one process to do an accept at one time,
by using a file flock() as a semaphore...

seems to be it should be un-needed.

am I dreaming? what am I missing?