Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:51:47 +0800 (CST)
From:      caijj@trans.hk.hi.cn
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't use the first slice?

Hi, gurus:
   I had install win95 before installing FreeBSD 2.2.8 . Then I want to
change the win95 partition to FreeBSD partition. I used /stand/sysinstall
and Fdisk -> label -> mount. The win95 partition is the first slice of the
disk (wd0s1). It seemed ok until I reboot the system. The system can't boot
because it couldn't find the boot files. I have to set the first slice to
"unused" for booting the system.
   Could anyone tell me why?
   Thanks!