Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 01:41:43 -0500
From:      Dean Cookson <cookson@nedod.org>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPsec VPN confusion

I think I might be being obtuse here, but I'm really confused.

I've got a home network that uses a FreeBSD box with a static external
address as its boundary.  I want to setup an IPsec VPN so that I can
connect my laptop as though it were an internal host, when I'm remote
(in a starbucks, whatever).  But, all of the IPsec setup info I've found seems
to be about how to connect two networks with static external addresses.

Can anyone point me at something that will show me how to setup something that
will work when I don't know the laptop's IP ahead of time?

Thanks,
Dean