Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:34:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patches for sysinstall (4.x) for >1TB disks

It turns out that these patches almost apply in -current but while they
are enough to allow 4.x to work, they are not sufficient to allow
-current to work.
there is a bunch of different code in -current that is just not there in
4.x and Geom is sticking its finger in the picture as well.
I'd rather just get 4.x capable of handling a 2 TB drive
and handle -current as a separate issue. 4.x will never need a partition
> 1TB and will never handle a drive > 2TB without a LOT of work.
but -current might. S it's not really worth making 4.x sysinit capable
of doing it. These patches are sufficient for what we can do in 4.x,