Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 1997 05:18:41 +0000 (GMT)
From:      matra <matra@diemme.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Newbie...

HI!

Im a newbie of FreeBSD.

I had Linux for a year and now i want to install FreeBSD on my computer.
Actually i have the "The Complete FreeBSD" book ( very well as a starting
point) and a 2.1.5 version of FreeBSD up and running.

Love!

me : "go away from my hard disk...!"
linux : " ok..ok ... dont beat me..."

So , i have some question to peoples on this ml.

1 -- Kernel upgrade :
  Under linux a simple "patch -p0 < patch-xx.xx.xx" is sufficient to
  upgrade the kernel . Wat is the story about upgrading kernels under
  FreeBSD ? Can i ftp the newest 2.1.6 or 2.2.0 , put it in /sys/src
  and make a compile ?
  In other words : wat is the quickest way to upgrade my system to a
  newer version of FreeBSD?

2 -- SvgaLIB:
  Under Linux i have Svgalib .Wat is the svgalib for FreeBSD?

3 -- ZIP Drive:
  I have a parallel port ZIP drive . How can i use this very useful
  gadget with FreeBSD?

Thanx for your time ...

e-mail :matra@diemme.it ,irc (efnet-euro) ,voice :+39-984-780347 (ITALY)