Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:57:49 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   strangeness in web interface of send-pr

I have a few hours to spare tonight, and I was using the
query-pr-summary.cgi script to view the open PRs.

The query URL was (wrapped to avoid terminal silliness):

  1  http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?\
  2  category=&severity=critical&priority=&class=\
  3  &state=open&sort=category&text=&responsible=\
  4  &multitext=&originator=

You can clearly see that (in line 3), I have chosen to view only PRs
whose state is `open' AND (line 2) severity is `critical', in an
effort to help closing first those PRs that are more important.

Well, guess what, I am getting a summary of PRs in my Netscape window,
which includes such PRs as i386/28002.  The summary line for this PR
looks like:

o [2001/06/09] i386/28002            make world fails (ref. to ipf)

Knowing that this issue has been hashed in the mailing lists, I opened
the PR to see what state it is in, and what its trail is so far.

When I open the PR in a new window, only then I see that it's state is
not `open', but `closed'.  Yet, somehow, it has managed to sneak
through my query-pr filter, despite the `state=open' rule I use.

Does this strike anyone else as a problem of the problem reporting
tool? (Nice recursion i got myself in.)

-giorgos