Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 1995 04:01:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      -=WireHead=- <timothy.butkiewicz@wmich.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   A few questions

Oh wise ones,

	I have come to the stpes of the oracle in search of some plain
truths. For the gift of this knowledge I will forever carry the
bit-bucket, encircling the globe in search of lost bits.

I present before thee.....

1) Using user PPP how do i pull out the dynamically assigned IP address
to save it in a file.
I connect on a fairly regular basis, about once a day. And would like to
yank my assigned IP address each time and save it to a file.

2) While trying to compile some bsd(i?) based software i ran into some
problems with crypt. It is giving me some undefined errors relating to
"_crypt" Does freebsd handle a different methodology. I have DES in
action on this system.

3) and last. Is there a way to set up my machine to only deliver mail to
this machine. It is a solo system, only way out is through a PPP
connection and i would like to turn off internet mail processing so that
the users on this system can only send mail within and not get it routed
through the PPP link.

Thank you in advance for your knoledge and patience.

-Timothy, burdened bucket carrier.

--Is It Live .. or Is It Mimecon--

|Feed the NOiSe in2 the .SYS                                fone: 616.349.8044|
|Please end destructive                                     fax : 616.373.6680|
|       nuclear testing                          http://arbornet.org/~wirehead|
| ! PGP Key available upon request. !             eMail:X93BUTKIEWIC@wmich.edu|