Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:22:53 +0100
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: "Simple" Languages in FreeBSD

Depending on the problems you are tackling it may also be worth thinking
about things at a higher level as well. eg if you are doing systems
maintenance/automation look at something like ansible. It's not programming
in an traditional sense, but it can make things a lot easier to do,
especially if you are doing things at scale. There are other config
management tools out there (chef, puppet, salt, fabric etc) but ansible is
relatively easy to setup and get going, and will utilise anything you learn
in python very well. Don't be put off by the fact you may only have a small
number of machines, it still makes life easier.