Date:      Sat, 27 Aug 2011 22:02:50 +0200
From:      Olli Hauer <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        giffunip@tutopia.com
Cc:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How about finally replacing GNATS? (was Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve)

On 2011-08-27 21:29, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> Hi;
>
> --- On Sat, 8/27/11, Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com> wrote:

> I agree it's difficult to determine exactly which tool to
> use.
>

>> With every tool change comes a workflow change and we need
>> to be able to deal with that. As a member of the bugbusting
>> team one of the most useful features for me has been the
>> ability to use shell scripts to change bug states. As a
>> port maintainer one of the most useful features has been
>> the ability to use send-pr from the command line
>> _without registration_.

I'm working with both gnats (on FreeBSD) and bugzilla / Jira on work.
Both systems have the advantages / disadvantages.
Bugzilla with A good customized UI, a well designed workflow
will be an improvement for users, devs, port committers/maintainers.

I don't know how many devs / port committers are working with a
csup'd gnats database but this and the command line usage is a real
advantage for me.

[ snipp ... ]