Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:02:19 -0400
From:      "Jon Spreha" <jxs557@psu.edu>
To:        <AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   7980??  w/ RH 5.1

I have checked out the new ( 9/10/98 ) boot.img file on the ftp.dialnet.net
site.  I seem to be having a problem with this boot.img during the boot
process.  The boot disk does not want to load the whole way and put me into
the setup program for RedHat, I get a Kernel Panic after it tells me
something like:

Oops !  Could not start md0, Giving up !!!

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Just as a note, I tried the SUSE bootdisk.img file, and it started up fine,
recognized my SCSI devices and threw me into the start of the setup program,
but I have the RedHat 5.1 CDs, which doesnt help me any with that bootdisk..

TIA,

Jon
jxs557@psu.edu