Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:28:28 +0100
From:      "Andy [Tecc Nops]" <andy@tecc.co.uk>
To:        "Odhiambo Washington" <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        "FBSD-Q" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: dual boot pain

<snip>
> Andy> Anyone any ideas?
>
> Did you say "YES" to install the boot manager when you were installing
> FreeBSD?

Yes, tried this option, it appear to install the boot manager onto
the /dev/ad1 ide sec drive. When rebooting this never got a lookin
so boots straight into Windows with no options. So I then forced
the boot manager to install onto /dev/ad0.  I then, on reboot, get
three options:-

 F1:  Windows
 F2:  FreeBSD
 F5:  Drive 1

F1 loads Windows, F2 just beeps and loads nothing and F5 worked.
However on next reboot comes up "Boot error" and the loader is
gone and I need to either a) reinstall boot manager or b)
install everything again (real pain).

Any more ideas?

Ak