Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 16:00:21 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dlr@asylum.org (dlr)
Cc:        dlr@asylum.asylum.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding scsi hard drive

dlr stands accused of saying:
> npx0 is the math coprocessor. it was hanging there becuase that is what
> came right after the probe for the scsi card and drive.

Wrong way 'round; it was hanging there because of what happens _next_.

> fdisk -i doesn't want to work though:
>
> root> fdisk -i rsd0
> fdisk: Can't get file status of rsd0

Does the disk have a DOS-style partition table?
Try fdisk -i /dev/rsd0c

> also, since putting in the adaptec card it won't boot off of floppy ( i
> thought i would just boot off of floppy and install new system on this
> new disk).
>
> I can take the scsi card out (adaptec) and it will boot from floppy. I
> presume there is some setting I have yet to discover that is doing this.

Does the adaptec card have an onboard floppy controller?  You'll probably
have to disable it if it does 8)

> dave

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[