Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2017 10:34:03 -0600
From:      Cody Swanson <freebsd@sysop.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Freebsd as a mail server - good spam filtering

Lately I've been using plain old postfix + dovecot and keeping it
simple. I used to spend a lot of effort on antispam on my personal mail
server but the effort outweighs the reward for me (personal mail server
with a handful of mailboxes). Using a few RBL lists seems to cut the
spam down enough. I was a proponent of greylisting for a long time but I
got tired of the delay it puts in message delivery. I get a few spam a
day now which is tolerable.