Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:51:36 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Chris Sears <cbsears@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux -> FreeBSD VM functions

I appear to have missed the original version of this message.  Oops.

> Alexey
>
> >         static inline unsigned long
> >         get_kvirt_address(unsigned long address)
> >         {
> >         }
>
> This function returns 0 if a virtual address is not mapped.

If you're looking at using this function, you're almost certainly at the
wrong level.

FreeBSD provides a more complete mechanism for getting virtual mappings
of device physical apertures, and you should use it.

> No actually it would the other way around: VM_PAGE_TO_PHYS.
> But you have to get the vm_page of the virtual address first.
> Perhaps pmap_extract(pmap, va) might be more helpful
> but you will need the pmap of the process.

Typically, in non-PCI, non-PNP cases you would use pmap_mapdev().

Again, I'm sorry that I missed your previous message; I may be
misunderstanding what you're trying to do here.  If you could resend it
privately, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,
Mike