Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 01:40:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/3924: de.spinne-1.0.0

The following reply was made to PR ports/3924; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De>
To: asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc: helbig@ba-stuttgart.de, freebsd-gnats-submit@hub.freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:37:01 +0200 (MET DST)

 >  *  In the meantime I upgraded to de.spinne-1.0.1 - minor bugfixes.
 >  *  So de.spinne-1.0.0 should not be installed anymore.
 >  *  The port and distfile are put at
 >  *  ftp.ba-stuttgart.de/pub/FreeBSD.
 >
 > You may want to grab the latest port of "portlint" and try running it
 > on yours.

 O. k.

 > By the way, did we decide where to put this port?  (When the last
 > discussion happened, nobody bothered changing the CC: address so
 > there's nothing in the audit-trail....)

 Hmm, sorry about that. Wolfram suggested to put it in a new collection
 ports/german. I didn't like that idea too much, since spinne's `de'
 is considered a deficiency of the software--the authors are just to
 lazy to translate the docs and online helps to English. This
 deficiency should not give birth to a new collection.

 I suggested a new collection like ports/informatics or
 ports/computerscience, that includes software used and written by
 computer science students.  (compiler/interpreter of strange
 languages (Pascal), Turing Machines, visual MIXAL ...) This would
 be a proper place to put spinne in *and* it would help FreeBSD
 spreading on the campus.

 That's all.

 Wolfgang