Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 09:25:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      "..je" <jehrenkrantz@whyy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Where is apache Started?

First. I submit for public humiliation freeley as the situation should never
have occurred.

I recently Installed 2.2.5-Release.
The files having been all downloaded and put on an ftp server on my net segment.
I Installed a complete new system via ftp to that server.
During the installed I asked that the apache server be installed.
It was.
A few weeks later I decided to make a few change to the servers environment.
  I had no problem maing those changes but in the process I wanted to know
where the httpd was started from. A serch of the process table shows that it
starts after Sendmail and I though this would have given me enough insight,
but search has ensued and I have to admit failure.
I looked in rc,rc.conf,rc.local,rc.network,inetd but I can't find it. Would
some kind soul please let me know where it would have been added in the
startup. As I really have a problem not understanding what is going on.
Thanks in Advance.
Jeff