Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:44:30 -0600 (GMT-0600)
From:      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
Subject:   Help! 971006 SNAP CD-ROM...

Hi!

I bought the FreeBSD 3.0 October 6, 1997 Snapshot CD from WC, but I was
not able to install it...  It seems that the ATAPI CD-ROM support is
broken. I tried the floppy method and the direct install.bat method, both
of them boots and presents the install options screen... but when I try to
select CDROM as the media to use, it complains that no CD-ROM drive is
installed. I'm not even able to see if the drive was found during the
probe, 'cause it is not possible to see the boot log...

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Victor Carranza

P.S. My machine is an IBM Aptiva. My previos FBSD version (2.2.1-RELEASE)
worked fine.