Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:35:42 +0100
From:      "Ronald Klop" <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /archivers/ is missing after svn...

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:04:08 +0100, Jeffrey Bouquet
<jeffreybouquet@yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Packages and distfiles are cache directories to save on network bandwidth.
If your internet is not very slow or on a data limit then it is harmless
to delete their content. The files will get downloaded when they are
needed again.

You sound to me like you moved the content of /usr/ports to another place
per file or per directory.
I hope you did something like this.
mv /usr/ports /usr/ports-old
svn checkout svn+ssh://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports

This will restore a complete and consistent ports directory. And you don't
need the reminders, etc.

Regards,
Ronald.