Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 10:24:49 -0400
From:      "Donald R. Tyson" <tyson@alumni.stanford.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

(Copy for the list)
To: Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
cc: freebsd-question@freebsd.org
Subject: [UPDATE] Re: No IDE CD-ROM support in recompiled kernel
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 09:21:14 -0400
From: "Donald R. Tyson" <tyson@alumni.stanford.org>

Mark --

Your original suggestion (leave controller wcd1 enabled) was
right.  I thought I had done so, but in fact I had only left the
disk (wd1) enabled, not the controller.

Here are the relevant lines from the HOMEBASE configuration file:

controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive 0
disk		wd1	at wdc0 drive 1

controller	wdc1	at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
disk		wd2	at wdc1 drive 0
#disk		wd3	at wdc1 drive 1

options		ATAPI		#Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options		ATAPI_STATIC	#Don't do it as an LKM
device		wcd0		#IDE CD-ROM

Here are the relevant lines from dmesg:

wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): <CRD-8160B/1.04>, removable, accel, dma, iordis
wcd0: 2734KB/sec, 128KB cache, audio play, 255 volume levels, ejectable tray
wcd0: 120mm data disc loaded, unlocked, lock protected
wdc1 not found at 0x170

Any hints on how to fix the ``wdc1 not found at 0x170''?

Thanks for your help.

Don Tyson

------- End of Forwarded Message