Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:32:34 -0400
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stolen BSD code found in Linux kernel

Terry Lambert wrote:
> Dave Hayes wrote:
> > http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/today/top.avg.html
> > That says it all, to me.
>
> What would say even more is if you knew that there was a clock
> rollover on the Linux uptime, and that a reboot was required to
> work around it.

Lots of other systems aren't reliably reported.  As anyone would know
if they read
http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/accuracy.html#whichos

And how exactly does a reboot "work around" a clock rollover?

As for the subject line: the thing blew over in a day or two, as you'd
know if you did minimal digging around via google -- eg,
  http://www.bsdtoday.com/2001/September/News565.html

And the linux header file hptraid.h, from any recent kernel which you
can easily download from http://www.kernel.org, begins with the
following:

/*-
 * Copyright (c) 2000,2001 Søren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.org>
 * All rights reserved.
 *
+ the BSD license below it.

And I dug out all that in roughly 2 minutes.  Sheesh.

- Rahul