Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 12:58:54 EDT
From:      Bsdguru@aol.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Imagestream WanIC-520 interface cards

In a message dated 10/13/01 9:33:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dillon@earth.backplane.com writes:

>     Hmm.  Well, as a person who ran gated at BEST, has hacked on gated on
>      same, had to deal with BSDI and FreeBSD route table bugs, tracked down
>      OSPF bugs for a friend running gated, and otherwise spent hundreds of
>      hours (at least!) keeping boxes running gated operational... well, I'll
>      take the Cisco any day thank you very much!
>
>      If you are a small ISP and you have enough money to pay for two T1's,
>      you have enough money to buy a used router that can do BGP for you.
>      IMHO.
>
>                       -Matt

Thats pretty lame Matt. sort of like saying unix sucks because of all of the
bugs and growing pains over the years. Zebra has come a long way, and its as
easy to configure as a cisco. Your problems with gated and BSDI have more to
do with those organizations than anything else, plus it is stuck with an ill
conceived interface.

Lets face it, if cisco didnt tell you what to type into your config file
almost noone would be able to get them to work either.