Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 1995 16:35:48 -0700
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul>
To:        CVS-commiters, cvs-usrsbin
Subject:   cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/ypbind ypbind.c

wpaul       95/04/15 16:35:48

  Modified:    usr.sbin/ypbind ypbind.c
  Log:
  In environments with multiple NIS servers (a master and several slaves)
  one ypbind broadcast can yield several responses. This can lead to
  some confusion: the syslog message from ypbind will indicate a rebinding
  to the first server that responds, but we may subsequently change our
  binding to another server when the other responses arrive. This results
  in ypbind reporting 'server OK' to one address and ypwhich reporting a
  binding to another.

  The behavior of the rpc_received() function has been changed to prevent
  this: subsequent responses received after a binding has already been
  established are ignored. Rebinding gratuitously each time we get a
  new response is silly anyway.

  Also backed out the non-fix I made in my last ypbind commit. (Pass
  me the extra large conical hat, please.)

  (At some point I'm going to seriously re-work ypbind and the _yp_dobind()
  library function to bring them in line with SunOS's documented behavior:
  binding requests are supposed to be 'client-driven.' The _yp_dobind()
  function should be responsible for retrying connections in response to
  calls from client programs rather than having ypbind broadcasting
  continously until a server responds. The current setup works okay in
  normal operation, but we broadcast far too often than we should.)