Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:05:49 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Ryan Thompson" <freebsd@sasknow.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cyrus imapd/pop3d not talking to sendmail?

From: "Ryan Thompson" <freebsd@sasknow.com>
> When I invoke /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver <username> and supply it with
> some standard headers, I discovered that I CAN in fact send messages
> successfully, and view with an IMAP or POP client.
>
> However, sendmail still refuses to call deliver, despite great amounts of
> my time spent mucking with sendmail.cf and restarting sendmail.  I looked
> through just about every system log I could find, didn't find any sign of
> error or confusion when sending mail or starting sendmail.

What does your sendmail.mc file look like?

It should have:

define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS',`SA5@|:/')dnl
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver')dnl
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS',`deliver -e -m $h -- $u')dnl
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_MAX',`eval(5*1024*1024)')dnl
define(`CYRUS_MAILER_USER',`cyrus:cyrus')dnl
define(`CYRUS_BB_MAILER_FLAGS',`')dnl
define(`CYRUS_BB_MAILER_ARGS',`deliver -e -m $u')dnl
MAILER(cyrus)dnl
define(`confLOCAL_MAILER',`cyrus')dnl

LOCAL_RULE_0
R$=N                             $: $#local $: $1
R$=N < @ $=w . >         $: $#local $: $1
Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >    $#cyrusbb $: $1

LOCAL_CONFIG
dnl list of users not to deliver messages to IMAP server
FN /etc/mail/sendmail.cN

Also, make sure that user/group cyrus exist.

Scot