Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:03:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: Laserprinters

Assuming PS(2) means PostScript Level II:
You install the PostScript printer drivers on the Windows workstations.
Print jobs from the Win machines will be sent over the network to the
Samba printer server in PostScript format. No need for apsfilter and/or
ghostscript to do anything.

Incoming printfile is in PostScript format, the printer understands
Postscript so no need to convert.
Ghostscript is only needed to translate PostScript print jobs into a
format non-PostScript printers can understand.
Have a look at the Linux Printing-HowTo at www.linuxdoc.org.

===Janko van Roosmalen - Vught - Netherlands===