Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 1999 02:57:59 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        jim@corp.au.triax.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
Subject:   Re: ports/10365: Apache 1.3.4 plus options fails to install

Jim Mock wrote:

> Try 'make clean'.  It should do what you're looking for.

It was, thanks.

> Edit /etc/make.conf and set USA_RESIDENT to NO.  Also, be sure to
> uncomment it =)
>
>         # If you're resident in the USA, this will help various ports
>         # to determine whether or not they should attempt to comply
>         # with the various U.S. export regulations on certain types of
>         # software which do not apply to anyone else in the world.
>         #
>         USA_RESIDENT=           NO
>
> Hope this helps,

It did! Installed without a problem. Tx!

Wonder why I missed this. Checked the FAQ once more, but though it
does talk about using "2.23 I live outside the US, can I use DES
encryption?" it doesn't mention this. Skimmed the Ports section in
the manual, doesn't mention this bit either. Does it get mentioned?

Roelof

Het Slakke Huis op http://iboa.nl.eu.org/Slak/
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.

Telekabel home http://iboa.nl.eu.org/