Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:22:25 +0100
From:      Bartek Gajda <gajda@man.poznan.pl>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mirroring the WWW pages- question about setup

hello!

May I ask for a little help?
We have tried to set up web pages mirror, but we want to do it on already installed high performance linux box not BSD.
I think that it acceptable by "mirror community" because I do not want to
make some precedent! ;-)

The question is: how to generate standard *html files after making cvsup ?

I should use make command as it has been written in >3.3 Mirroring the WWW pages<: "Note: For the website to be visible, users must execute the make(1) command in the main www directory. This command will create the standard
*.html files for web viewing. For this to work however, the textproc/docproj port must be installed.

Unfortunately this make works on BSD not on linux.
I tried with pmake - but it does not work also.

Any solutions?
Or should we switch to wget? but it "is probably not recommended" according to your mirror requirements :-(

Cheers,
Bart