Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:30:40 +0100
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@ida.interface-business.de>
To:        Pyun YongHyeon <yongari@kt-is.co.kr>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall dead in -CURRENT?

As Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

> There is also PR72962 for the issue.
>
> Long ago, I made a patch for this issue. But it wasn't further
> investigated due to lack of time. I sent a mail to one of
> developer but got no reply. The following is the summary of
> the mail.

Btw., you've got commit privs.  For a serious problem (and sysinstall
dumping core *is* serious), I think it's OK to commit even a
workaround only after some reasonable timeout, provided you clearly
mark it in the commit log that it's a workaround only.  This gives
those people who need it a working system again, and if someone
eventually pops up with a real fix later on, the workaround could
always be backed out again.

joerg_wunsch@interface-systems.de        http://www.interface-systems.de/~j/