Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:26:24 -0700
From:      Jason Helfman <jgh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        vermaden <vermaden@interia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/local/java/jboss5 fails to build

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 08:34:55PM +0000, vermaden thus spake:
>Hi,
>
>I have the same problem as described here:
>http://freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=166986
>
>The package of JBOSS5 is also not available, any suggestions?
>
>Any help appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>vermaden

I've dealt somewhat with the maven repositories, and this is nothing really
that can be prevented in the portstree.  Working with the vendor in
releasing a distribution file of the maven repository at the time of the
release of the code that is required for code to build against is something
that can be done to prevent this. I worked with the vendor in doing this for
databases/jasperserver.

This really is an issue with the remote repository, and needs to be fixed
with the owners of that maven code repository.

I suggest in working with the vendor to fix the repository, and it would be
great if you can convince them to release a snapshot of the maven repository
that the code was used to build from for distribution purposes. That way, it
will always be build-able.

Even if they fix it today, someone could break it soon afterwards.

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman         | FreeBSD Committer
jgh@FreeBSD.org       | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh