Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 20:50:30 -0400
From:      Clendaniel Ian IB <ian.clendaniel@phwilm.zeneca.com>
To:        "'Doug White'" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   XiG X-Server (was: XF86 with Neomagic Chipset...)

Well after getting a little bored this weekend...and throwing a few back
;)...I finally decided to sit down and crank this damn thing out.  I
ended up with a (mostly) functioning machine.  I couldn't get XFree86 to
work *at all* but did eventually get the XiG set up.

It seems to work fine for the 10-minute demo except for when you're in a
shell environment sometimes the lines start to overlap a little...it's
kind of weird.  When you refresh the screen sometimes it goes away but
sometimes it just shifts position a little.  I'm going to play with
setting up for a specific screen type (it's just set to the generic svga
monitor right not) to see if that makes a difference.  Can anyone think
of anything else that might cause this sort of thing to happen??  If I
can get this solved I will finally get rid of 95 for good....

--Ian

ps- also installed PAO and am glad to say its setup went flawlessly and
found both my modem and ethernet cards just fine.  Was able to take the
ppp.conf from my desktop and with a little modification it worked great.

Ian Clendaniel
IT Technition
Zeneca Pharmaceuticals
FOC1 NW255