Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 1998 17:16:51 -0500
From:      Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
To:        "Robert G. Brown" <rgb@phy.duke.edu>
Subject:   Re: 5.1.0_pre8 with no MMAP

Robert G. Brown wrote:

> Dear Doug,
>
> I tried 5.1.0_pre8 (in 2.0.35) with MMAPIO undefined.  No go.  It did
> get just a hair further (maybe) -- it actually found the WD hard disk
> before starting its loop.
>
> Any progress on your PowerEdge 2300?

I just got through doing a full installation of RedHat-5.1 onto a Poweredge
2300 with 3 Seagate Cheetah LVD disks.  I used my latest boot disk which now
works, and it did like all the other machines I've talked about.  There was
one reset cycle at the startup, and then it worked fine from then on out.
I've even verified that I can still use the floppy drive since that was one
of the problems people have been reporting is that the floppy drive quits
working after you load up the aic7xxx driver.  I'll be doing more work on it
over the weekend, but that's where things stand now.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford@dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but