Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 10:11:11 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Dmitrij Tejblum <dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VFS_SYNC(MNT_LAZY)

If you haven't already you should read the Ganger & Patt papers and look
at the softupdate code before you change anything that has to do with the
syncer.

When using softupdates, most of both synchronous and asynchronous writes
become delayed writes and the syncer has an even more important role than
before.

Regards,

Mike