Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:55:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Read-only) CVS access for non-committer maintainers?

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, John Polstra wrote:
>> [/usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile]
> Do you have some specific corrections you'd like to share with us?

I checked, and on 4.1-RELEASE the instructions are clearer than when I
originally checked.

What would make sense, IMHO, is to stronger state that some of these
config files really obtain the entire CVS repository (perhaps you could
use "repository" instead of "tree") and allow for regular CVS operations,
while others only obtain some specific version, ``read-only''.

As far as I can see, the (current) documentation is correct, but it would
be nice to make it more explicit for newbies.

I believe that most of my original confusion was caused by the use of
"tree" instead of "repository"; using the latter would be clearer, I
think.

Gerald