Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:05:32 +0100
From:      Robin Becker <robin@reportlab.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   shutdown forensics

I'm trying to figure out what caused an unplanned shutdown of a freebsd
6.0 server; I see this in the last output

reboot           ~                         Thu Apr 24 06:15
shutdown         ~                         Thu Apr 24 06:10

but cannot see anybody having been logged in at the time. Is there any
way I can trace the origin of the shutdown command?

I looked in the root shell history various other logs, but couldn't see
anything obvious.
--
Robin Becker