Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 1995 00:30:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        starkhome!gene@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Decrease in namei cache effectiveness?

> by preferring to reuse vnodes with no attached buffers.  Before
> 1995/02/22, this increased the maximum amount of directory and metadata
> info by a factor of about 10.  I want it to be increased by another
> factor of 10.

John's last commit to vfs_bio.c restored part of the old behaviour but
not all. Even with 20 MB RAM I keep on seeing the disk going berseck
during stats. Less often than before but its still there.
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
   FreeBSD keltia 2.1.0-Development #9: Sat Feb 18 19:21:00 MET 1995