Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:15:52 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Child <child@prairie.lakes.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: virtual domains

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Child wrote:

> Dear allI have setup a number of virtual domains on my system
> I have chroot'd ftp access
> so all users see is
> /data
> /cgi-bin
> /icons
> but need telnet access to perfrom tasks with setting up cgi scripts etc ect
> and when telneting in get access to view the whole system?
> anyway to stop this?

Copy all the necessary files from /bin /usr/bin /usr/lib /usr/libexec
/etc /usr/share, etc into /chroot/....

Then use

---------
#!/bin/sh
cd /chroot
chroot . /usr/libexec/telnetd
--------

This will put all of your customers into a single jail, whereas ftp puts
them into a jail each.  To put each customer into a telnetd jail each,
you'll need to read up on chroot(2) and getsockname(2).

Danny