Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:32:20 -0400
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        <security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with telnetd patch

[ please cc, not on security- ]

Folks,

I just updated one of my client's machines to RELENG_4_3, and attempted to
update telnetd.

I used:

cd /usr/src/secure/libexec/telnetd
make depend && make all install

which failed, complaining of unresolved Kerberos symbols.

To fix the problem, I had to add ${LIBKRB} and ${LIBCOM_ERR} to the DPADD
line of the Makefile, and -lkrb and -lcom_err to the LDADD line of the
Makefile.

The machine that I was upgrading was a clean install of 4.3-REL from a few
months ago, no cvsup's of any source since then.  Any ideas why I was
running into this problem?

--
Matt Emmerton