Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 2015 02:11:24 -0400
From:      Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm@wynn.com>
To:        Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm@wynn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: crash on writing usbstick

Greeting-

Another data point came out tonight.

A    head/sys/mips/adm5120/obiovar.h
svn: E200030: sqlite[S10]: disk I/O error
svn: E200030: Additional errors:
svn: E200030: sqlite[S10]: disk I/O error
svn: E200030: Additional errors:
svn: E200030: sqlite[S10]: disk I/O error
svn: E200030: Additional errors:
svn: E200030: sqlite[S10]: disk I/O error
svn: E200030: Additional errors:
svn: E200030: sqlite[S1]: no such savepoint: svn
svn: E200030: Additional errors:
svn: E200030: sqlite[S1]: no such savepoint: svn
svn: E200030: Additional errors:
svn: E200030: sqlite[S1]: no such savepoint: svn
svn: E200030: Additional errors:
svn: E200030: sqlite[S1]: no such savepoint: svn

So there are disk I/O errors to the zfs as well, but as others have
said the checksumming was helping.

It still does not explain why the kernel panic on UFS and I just get
disk i/o errors on zfs. I really think disk i/o errors to data disks
should not cause a panic.

Time for me to swap some hardware around and do some more testing.

-Brett

--

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

Amendment IV

violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place
to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.