Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:33:49 +0300
From:      "Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net>
To:        "Don O'Neil" <lists@lizardhill.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Updating Bind & OpenSSL on 6.1-Stable/Release

> My bind install that came on the 6.1 installation runs from
> /usr/bin,
> whereas both the package and the source want to run from
> /usr/local/bin...

You should have named.conf in /etc/namedb unless there's something
funny with the original install. Not sure if you need to run
make-localhost script in that directory as I do it as a matter of
principle each new system install anyway. If I update SSL/SSH/BIND I
set the REPLACE_BASE/OVERWRITE_BASE knob (check the Makefile at ports
dir for relevant knob name!) so the updated version will overwrite the
older at /usr tree.

-Reko