Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:30:00 -0500
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@AndrewNg.com>
To:        Kenzo <kenzo_chin@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail help

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

> I did a make world and this is what I get at the next reboot.
>=20
> Starting standard daemons: inetd cron sshd sendmailsendmail:execing
> /usr/local/sbin/sendmail:No such file or directory
>=20
> this is my  mailer.conf
> #
> # Execute the Postfix sendmail program, named /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> #
> sendmail        /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> send-mail       /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> mailq           /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
> newaliases      /usr/local/sbin/sendmail

I have /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail instead.

> I originally replaced sendmail with postfix.
> and it used to work fine until after the make world.
> here is part of my rc.conf.
>=20
> sendmail_enable=3D"YES"
> sendmail_flags=3D"-bd"
> sendmail_outbound_enable=3D"NO"
> sendmail_submit_enable=3D"NO"
> sendmail_msp_queue_enable=3D"NO"
> sshd_enable=3D"YES"
>=20
> If I change the mailer.conf file to
> sendmail        /usr/sbin/sendmail
> send-mail       /usr/sbin/sendmail
> mailq           /usr/sbin/sendmail
> newaliases      /usr/sbin/sendmail
> and reboot, it hangs when it's trying to load the daemons.

I think the real sendmail is at /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail, not
/usr/sbin/sendmail, which points to mailwrapper

> what can I do to fix this?

if you want to continue to use postfix, try re-installing the postfix port,
it should fix it. (i haven't used postfix myself, but looks like the
pkg-install script would take care of replacing the sendmail setup)

if you don't want sendmail to be installed when you do a make world, put the
following line in /etc/make.conf:
NO_SENDMAIL=3D   true

/ayn

--=20