Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 96 09:13:00 PDT
From:      Duncan Barclay <Duncan.Barclay@pa-consulting.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Inode corruption on 2.1.5R

A week or so ago I posted asking about inode
corruption under 2.1R when using the my floppy tape
drive. I have now upgraded to 2.1.5R and now
get inodes trashed when the floopy disk is accessed
using mtools.

I am being to suspect a hardware problem, possibly bus timings,
which is causing corruption of blocks being written to my (IDE) disks when
the floppy disk/tape is being accessed.

My system is
a  UMC based 486 board, with a SGS 486DX2-66, 20meg ram,
drives are both IDE hanging from a VESA IO card, also I have a NEC T130
8bit SCSI card, 3c509 standard VESA graphics. and fax modem, normal NEC
floppy controller with one 3.5floppy and a Connor TapeStor 800 tape drive
I running stock 2.1.5R.

Any ideas? I am getting a little too fimiliar with fsck...

Duncan Barclay